A team of mod makers is working on an unofficial revand version for The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, developed by Pandemic Studios. Lord of the Rings: Conquest Reimagined is intended to be a redesigned version of the original game using Unreal Engine 4. The team also shared a short trailer cut from the revamped version of the game.
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest is being renewed by fans
The fact that Electronic Arts has been taken off the market after the end of licensing rights to the popular Lord of the Rings games seems to be stirring fans. In recent years, we have learned that a new version of battle for middle earth, a classic strategy game, will be developed by fans under the name ‘Reforged’. In addition, as Merlin’s Cauldron, we have compiled everything we know about The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth Reforged project and presented it to you with a long article. After the classic Lord of the Rings strategy game, it’s a really nice development to know that Conquest is also being renewed by fans.
The team, which has started to redevelop Conquest under the name ‘Reimagined’, seems quite ambitious. If we take a detailed look at what The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Reimagined team promised on their official website;
- New game engine: State-of-the-art photorealistic graphics, improved mechanics and much more.
- A new class: This class of ‘Experienced Warrior’, which also has an extra shield, blocks enemy attacks with its shield; he will be immune to magic and some arrows that hit him.
- Refurbished models: It is stated that each unit in the game will be reorganized, while we will see new and more detailed military units.
- Better animations: There is also talk of redesigning finishing, combo, walking, running, horse riding and more.
- Unforgettable battles: The team, who believe that the combat mechanics in The Lord of the Rings: Conquest are inadequate and boring, aim to maintain the combo system with the refurbished version; He said a finishing mechanic like shadow of war would be added. The team will decide what the community wants, noting that the feature, which you can finish with a special animation when enemies’ health is reduced, can include brutality.
- Redesigned cinematics: Mentioning that Unreal Engine 4 is very good at cinematics, the team says that they will redesign every cinematic in-game and that we will probably re-encounter some of the great scenes we see in the movies.
- Refreshed maps: Since they have a more powerful engine than Pandemic Studios’ engine at the time, the team mentions that the size of the maps will increase even more, and aims to give the player a world-class quality experience as they explore Tolkien’s world.
His team, which seems to be really ambitious about the project, is expecting a very difficult project process. Although it sounds amazing that such productions have projects in the style of ‘Remake’; the project is really quite ambitious. It is worth not getting excited before seeing more improvements and details in the future. Check out the short trailer from The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Reimagined below.