Zynga, which has also bought Peak one of our local game developers, for $1.8 million in the past, is now buying Rollic from our domestic game developers.
The fact that Rollic, which managed to reach more than 250 million players in as little as a year, entered with 3 different games in the most downloaded game rankings in the USA and world in 3 months, did not go unnoticed by Zynga, which likes to incorporate successful game studios. Zynga said in a statement that rollic will pay $168 million for 80 percent of its shares and will buy the remaining 20% stake at a valuation based on its profitability over the next 3 years.
Burak Vardal, co-founder and CEO of
Rollic , said of the agreement with Zynga: As therollic team, we are proud to be joining Zynga. Our expertise in hyper-casual will undoubtedly perfectly match Zynga’s adequacy in product management, data science, ad monetization and world-class publishing. We look forward to advancing our joint mission together to unite the world through games, with rollic’s new hyper-casual games to be developed in the future and available to add to Zynga’s gaming portfolio. said.