The PUBG 12.1 update update adds a lot of innovations to the game, as always, as well as a refresh on the Miramar map. This patch adds map improvements as well as some innovations to the game. The company’s statements and contents regarding patch 12.1 are as follows;
PUBG 12.1 update adds the revamped Miramar to the game
PUBG Update 12.1 offers a revised version of the Miramar map. This map underwent a slight renovation in 2019 with the introduction of new aesthetics and lore elements. This time with 12.1, miramar will receive a major visual update using new KRAFTON technologies implemented on recent maps such as Paramo and Haven.
Update 12.1 is active on PC servers today and will arrive on consoles on June 10. You can find all the patch notes and the latest patch report video here. Console patch notes will be released next week. Other updates to come with 12.1 are as follows:
- El Solitario Collaboration: By the end of the year, players will be able to get El Solitario-themed outfits and the company’s popular “Wolves of the Desert” off-road motorcycle in-game. Currently, there are two sets of clothes available: “El Solitario Biker Set” and “El Solitario Wolf Set”. Each offers a unique helmet, jumpsuit, gloves and boots.
- New Ranked Season – Update 12.1 marks the start of a new ranked season, meaning all rewards earned in Ranked Season 11 will be automatically added to players’ inventory when Season 12 begins airing june 2. Like Ranked Season 11, Ranked Season 12 will last for two months.
- Weapon Cosmetics Development System – The new weapon cosmetics development system will debut with 12.1, which allows players to enhance cosmetics of certain weapon skins by consuming certain in-game materials and items. These evolutionary weapon skins from the Weapon Cosmetics Chance Box will gain new features as you level up.
- The L6 Lynx is PUBG’s first Anti-Material rifle, available through Support Crates during New Weapon – Lynx AMR – Miramar regular matches. This semiautomatic crate can pierce weapons, military equipment and armored players or vehicles. Designed as a harsh response to vehicles, the L6 is an effective sniper rifle against gamers when used wisely.
- The New Vehicle – Quad – Available in the Miramar, this all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is an off-road vehicle with handlebars for direction control, designed by the operator to be used as a horse rider, and four low-pressure tyres. The ATV is inspired by the racing style model, but also includes a rear seat for a second passenger.
- Lobby Ball – While waiting on the starting island for a match to start, players will now find a football that they can kick along with other players. Players can drive the football, pass and shoot while waiting, or even coordinate a short football match if they want.